The Corporate Lawyer is responsible for providing a broad range of legal services for Mack Law Associates LLC, a growing business law firm specializing in corporate, finance and real estate. The position requires general knowledge of corporate and/or real estate law, strong drafting skills, the ability to work independently, attention to detail, strict confidentiality, collegial interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
All of these services and more are provided using our signature highly-personal approach. This is a value-add you simply won’t find with the larger firms you’d typically need to engage to access the same depth and breadth of foundational corporate law services.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Structure and draft documentation for various corporate transactions, including financings, acquisitions, dispositions and real estate.
• Draft resolutions, votes, certificates and other corporate documents, review contracts, and provide correspondence to clients and other appropriate parties.
• Represent Mack Law and thereby the client in meetings and at closings.
• Coordinate the legal due diligence process, creating and monitoring electronic data room.
• Prepare and submit UCC filings, Secretary of State filings, and other corporate governance matters.
• Assist in all other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience:
• A Juris Doctorate is required as well as a current license to practice law in Rhode Island (Massachusetts and Connecticut a plus).
• Detailed knowledge of Corporate and Real Estate Law.
• General knowledge of both Federal and State regulations.
• 5+ years of corporate legal experience is required.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with close attention to detail.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Ability to interact professionally with clients is required.
• Able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment, produce superior work results and follow through on commitments.
• Self motivated, entrepreneurial and a team-player.
• Expert in Microsoft Office, Worldox, practice management and PDF software, etc.
* Mack Law Associates LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Background checks are required.
Qualified candidates should email their resume to: MarcieW@trimack.com